Saturday, April 10, 2010

a new year

So I embarked on a new year of my life this week. My first week as a 32 year old. Thursday was one of those days, one of those days. I started the day off in therapy (no need to edit and probably why i can still stand on my two feet), took a test on depression no not a test to see if I was depressed, no a test in my psych class. To prepare for a depression test within itself is depressing. It was sunny out. Which always warms me up. I found out about a potential job, another part-time gig. Promising. I ended a relationship with a man and his dog and this time I meant it. Next to the lake, on the trail we said goodbye. Oh I cried a lot. And I had the smile of the children for a few hours, which led me to my final spot before heading home. I stopped at a cafe to write, grab a beer, ordered for the first time pizza with tofu- not wise- and embarked on the quick write of "what mended her heart." The day before was "what broke her heart". Very timely. And as I finished writing, among the sun that had newly kissed my skin, the tears that had dried on my face, the make-up smeared I had tried to fix, a man talked to me and I talked back and he asked me for my number. Now if I can been still be deemed attractive in that state- that is pretty impressive. I hope it wasn't the fragrance of sadness or vulnerability, or maybe it was the strength of moving on. Moving on. Moving on. Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment